Wednesday, October 27, 2010

ALTERED HALLOWEEN ITEMS

Happy hump day!  It is very cold and extremely windy here in the Black Hills today!  I hate the wind!  It is blowing things all over and making terrible messes.  The only thing it is not blowing around yet is SNOW!
I am so glad for that. I know in North Dakota where my son works, there was a blizzard today, with alot of snow.  So, I will stop whining and show you what I am taking to work tomorrow for all my co-worker pals.
I have been into altering saved items lately in an attempt to clean out my stamp room.  I did get rid of a few things as you can see from the picture, but made a huge mess creating the treats....so...I still have a mess.  I have come to the conclusion that if my stamp room is spotless it means I have no ideas or projects waiting to be completed, and that is not good.   I love coming down here to my space, and seeing something I thought of, did not have time to do, and start to play.  I look forward to every spare minute I can hang out down here...even if it is just to look at all the pretty paper and stamps while blog hopping.
I have had the wonderful opportunity to be on the Design team for Skipping Stones Design stamp company, and used the "Boo" set for most of these projects. Last month, I did a tutorial on how to alter a cuttlebug folder. To view the tutorial, click on my side bar under September and it is there. The picture shows a few of those in the back, and then various other packaging I saved from different bought stamping products in the front.  Not a very good picture I know, but hope you get the idea....and maybe some ideas! 
I have enjoyed making Halloween items, but am ready to move on to a new Holiday. If you want any more info on any of the projects, comment, and I will get back to you.  I love hearing your comments.  Also, if you have any good altering ideas please share.....I would love to see what some of you are repurposing.  You can be sure as Christmas approaches, I will share more little things here and there on my blog.
Have a wonderful rest of the week!  Remember that tomorrow is Tips and Tricks and Tutorials over at Skipping Stones Design blog.....check out what our very talented Gladys has in store for everyone....a very cool idea resulting in a beautiful project that just wowed me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment