Tuesday, October 5, 2010

SKIPPING STONES SKETCH # 45

Happy Tuesday to you all!!  It is again time for the Tuesday sketch at Skipping Stones Design.  All this month we will be designing to the sketches of the very talented Karen Giron.  This is sketch # 45:
Very cool sketch right?  I had alot of fun with this especially since we are using the stamp set "Halloweenie" this week.  I really like this set from SSD.  It has adorable images, and a poem that fits on an index size card perfectly.  We were to also create a "Boo" item.  This is my card, and "Boo" item:

For the card, I used PTI New Leaf cardstock, as a card base. I used the mesh as the second layer, and the circle and scallop on the third layer are designer paper from Echo Park.  I stamped the ghosts and cut them out.  I also covered the entire ghost with Versamark ink, and emobossed with clear embossing powder that I added glitter to.  You cannot see the glitz very well on the photo...sorry!    


The bottle is an individual size wine bottle I saved from my last plane trip!  On that trip, I spilled that red wine on my white capri pants, and "had" to get a new pair.  The tag on the bottle was the tag on my new pair of pants I bought.  So I made a memory out of the little accident that became my tagged bottle, filled with orange M&M candies, to go with the card.  The inside of the card has the "Boo" poem...mmmm who should I "Boo" with this?  I love making treats at Halloween, but really like altering things to put them in more.  Come back periodically this month to visit...I will have more altered items posted that may inspire you to look at things twice before you toss them!
Hope you have a wonderful day..don't forget to head over to Skipping Stones Design Blog, to play along with us and upload your own creations!  While you are there also check out the store, and do a little shopping.  There are so many awesome sets to choose from!

6 comments:

  1. Love your giftie set...what a keepsake...oh my goodness...on your white capris...oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the three ghosts in the middle!! Darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card!! Love the cute ghosties!! Great job with the sketch!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammie your project is wonderful...love your little gaggle of ghosts...can you call them a gaggle, like gaggle of geese? Too cute! Love the mesh in the different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use both the bottle from the wine and the tag from the new pants. So clever and your project is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you recycled that, and what a fun project and memory! :) That mesh is so cool and I love the glittered ghosts!

    ReplyDelete