Thursday, February 3, 2011

TIPS AND TRICKS THURSDAY SSD

Happy Thursday and hurray the weekend is almost here!  Yeah!  The good news here in the Black Hills also is that the weather is warming up a little for the weekend...it goes from one extreme to the other all in the same week...-24 to 44 degrees!  crazy....never dull though.
I just have a quick post today as my son from Minneapolis is visiting today and I want to make a nice meal and hang with him and his lovely girlfriend.  They are so great together!
I just wanted to show you two cards I made for the Thursday Tips and Tutorials over at Skipping Stones Design blog.  They are very very quick and simple, but that is what the post is all about....I created a masterboard by covering a sheet of watercolor paper with a soft wash of color. I also added a generous spray of glimmer mist to the finished piece while still wet.  Let it dry completely.

I then Stamped several images on the paper from my favorite SSD sets in black Momento ink, and embossed with clear EP.

From there I created the two following cards, and put the paper away for a future quick card where I may need an already "colored" image.  These are the two cards I made, from two of the images I stamped.


For a more detailed tutorial you can check it out at the Skipping Stones blog.  While there go to the store and do a little shopping for some of the pretty stamps I used today.....and create your own masterboard for future quick card creations!
Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by!   Tammie


2 comments: