Monday, May 13, 2013

SCS CAS Challenge 220

Good morning and Happy Monday to you all!  I hope that all the Mothers out there had a wonderful day yesterday....I know I did!  However, all the company and attention put me a bit behind, so my post will be short...I just wanted to do a quick pic of my creation for this weeks CAS challenge over at Splitcoast stampers
This week the challenge was to use no words or sentiments on the card, but to let the image send the message. I am so excited for spring, so I chose a happy little tulip stamp from an old Hero Arts set I have had for many years.  It is a set of 4 spring flower images:

I have not used it for a very long time, but still love the images.  I chose the tulips for my CAS challenge card because it not only said "Spring"  to me, but "Happy Mother's Day" to my MIL.  I always try to do a tulip card of some sort for her since she is Dutch.  For the card, I chose four different embossing folders and ran white CS through them in my cuttlebug, and cut each one into four equal pieces.  I then patch worked them onto a white card base.  I stamped the tulip image three times..once on red, once on green, and once on yellow.  I then enhanced the image with TH markers and blended and shaded.  I fussy cut out portions and put it all together on a Martha Stewart doily.  This is the card....
The good thing about this patchwork design is that I looked at my left over pieces of embossing, and thought.."why not make three more"?  It was all there...the cut panels, the white CS and the stamps.  So I  stamped the other three images in a similar manner, fussy cut some more, and quickly had three more cards...a lovely spring set of note cards!
This is each one close up...Very very simple I know, but IRL life they really are very pretty with a lot of texture and interest. 
 


 

I hope you enjoy, and I hope you check out the challenge at SCS, and join in the fun.  I also challenge you to pull out an old stamp or two and revisit them....sometimes our stamping styles and knowledge has changed drastically over the years of creating, and all of a sudden we have a new perspective on an old stamp.
Have a wonderful week, and if you stopped by today, please take a quick moment to say Hi in the comments.  I love to know who visited!
Hugs!!!   Tammie

 








1 comment:

  1. I am totally in love with these cards and hope you don't mind me CASing them for my friends' June birthdays. Great use of embossing scraps, love the white on white, and lately I'm a huge advocate of going through my old stamps and showing them some love. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete