Monday, May 27, 2013

SCS CAS 222 CHALLENGE

Happy Memorial Day to you all.  I have just a couple quick minutes for a post today.  I am playing catch-up from having my grandchildren all weekend!!  What an exhausting delight that was!!  Both boys are so sweet and special, and when I get time to spend with them, my priorities shift.  Hence, the lateness of this post. 
The CAS challenge at Splitcoast today was  to get "Trendy"....the theme was "Feathers" since feathers seem to be a big trend right now in stamping.  This is the link to that challenge.  I struggled a bit with this one because feathers are not my normal style, although I love birds etc.  It was just a hard challenge for me....more than anything because I had my family around and my head wasn't into creating. I do have plenty of feather stamps, but nothing I did with them was working out.  I could not color one to  look realistic to save my soul.  So, I decided to pick a more masculine color I had not played with much and make a monochromatic card.  I chose very old feather stamp I had that was a collage of different feathers that I felt was interesting enough to stand on it own.  I used SU Midnight Muse for the ink choice.  This is what I made:
 
The sentiment is from Stampin Up's "OH HELLO".  I thought it worked well with a more masculine type card.  The banner also could come under the heading of "Trendy" since you see banners everywhere also.  Anyway, hope you had a wonderful long weekend, and enjoy  a super week ahead.
Hugs!  Tammie  

No comments:

Post a Comment