Sunday, March 17, 2013

Split Coast Stampers CAS Spring DT challenge A

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Here in SD we got alot of snow yesterday, which was nice because we need the moisture badly.  I have been busy helping one son move, and the other son enjoy my new little grandson who is 2 weeks old.  I got to babysit the little guy last night for the first time, and he was so good!  Such a precious baby.
This morning, I had time finally to briefly play.  I wanted to participate in the first challenge posted for the CAS Spring DT search over at splitcoaststampers.  I was right at the deadline, so don't know if I made it in time or not, but regardless had fun playing this morning.
The challenge was the cosmetic counter at Macy's.  We were to use anything other than traditional ink and stamp, like EP, paints etc.  I chose to play with my Distress Stains. Lots of lipsticks with stains in them now right? 

I took the oval and flower image from Stampin Up's Oh, Hello, and white embossed them after stamping with VersaMark ink.  I dabbed the distress stains over the image and lightly blended them with a water brush, {just like blending make-up}.  I embossed the little oval with a SU folder and my Cuttlebug, punched out the oval shape to fit the inside of the folder  I then fussy cut the flower, and popped it up with dimensionals.  The sentiment came last.  I liked that the oval in this set can become another size, used as a background etc...lots of possibilities.  Here is my card.
CAS, yet fun.  I may try a monochromatic theme as well, with a different image than the flower, and make a set with different sentiments.  Would be quick and easy.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!  Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment