Monday, April 22, 2013

CAS 217 SPLITCOAST CHALLENGE

Good  morning and Happy Monday!  Monday brings the beginning of a new work week...Although I love what I do in the health care profession, I get down sometimes because it seems to get in the way of my creative time!  I can't always fit creative time in with long work hours, being a good mother and grandmother and friend.  When that happens too often I find my focus in daily life not as good as well.   What I am trying to say I guess is that some of us really need our creative time to have the rest of our normal daily routine seem more tolerable.  So...lets play along this week with splitcoast  for this weeks  CAS challenge.  I have so much fun in my first few weeks as a Design Team member...this week is a sketch challenge...this is the link to that challenge....please check it out and  play along...this is my card that I created for the challenge:

I have been buying washi tapes for awhile now, and have quite a collection, but do not play with them much.  I decided this sketch was the time.  I chose the tapes, applied them to the card and stamped the sentiment.  I then cut a frame from two different spellbinder dies, stitched around it, and applied it to the card to frame the sentiment.  I added the buttons cause I am a buttonaholic...I admit it am not ashamed...:) Anyhow, I think this sketch lends itself to so many many fun creative possibilities.  Please play along, and let me know you stopped by my blog today...and have a wonderful wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pop of color with the black and white. Great card and patterns of washi, and I like the position of the frame. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete