Sunday, April 7, 2013

SCS CAS 214 Challenge Chalkboard Technique

Just a quick post tonight to try to get caught up after vacation, and then being ill all weekend.  I did not get a post done with my first submission this last week for the CAS 214 challenge on Monday at Splitcoaststampers.  It was the chalkboard technique, and was really fun to play with.  You basically use black cardstock, white ink and white embossing powder if wanted.  I simply inked my image with white ColorBox ink and left it unembossed...looked more realistic that way to me. I even smeared it a bit.
I used a Hero Arts Set.  I stamped the image, added some stars from the same set, and drew a border around it with Tim Holtz picket fence pen.  I then added it to my layout after cutting the image out.   I altered the Designer paper to better fit the color scheme, by adding black stripes with a marker where there were white stripes( I trick I learned from Jennifer Maguire).  This is the card...Hope you like!
Check out the new CAS 215 challenge tomorrow!!
Hugs!  Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment