Thursday, September 30, 2010

TIPS AND TRICKS

Today is Tips and Tricks at Skipping Stones Design, and my turn to show a tip, trick, or tutorial.  My tip today is an altered item,using the "Halloweenie" set from SSD.
I love, love, love to alter things utilizing my stamps.  I save all sorts of containers, using the excuse of being "green".  At work they jokingly call me the bag lady, and hand me all sorts of treasures they think I may be able to use! In all seriousness though, it is a nice green thing to do....repurpose items when you can, right?
Right.  Well, today I decided to repurpose an item stampers and papercrafters just may have saved, or will next time they purchase them....cuttlebug folder packaging! 

Take the folder out and store it away as usual, but don't throw away the front plastic panel, and the backing.

I took the back panel, and covered it front and back with DP.  Then I stamped the "You've been Boo'd" saying at the top.

Then I took four Ghirardelli chocolates and covered them with DP strips cut 11/2" by 5".  I positioned them below the stamped poem using pop dots.  By then I was tired, needed a break and a piece of chocolate...know what I mean?   Moving on......


Position the front plastic piece around the poem with the chocolates, and embellish the front of the plastic however you like.....the possibilities are endless don't you think?  Hope you like my little altering tip!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I DO like your tip. Super!
    And.... lovin the Echo Park!
    Hmm. Now, can I find one of the packages still, or do I "HAVE" to buy another folder...
    heh heh hehhh...

    ReplyDelete